OTP Bank implements iGCB’s Digital Core and Lending platform
By Gloria Methri
OTP Bank has chosen Intellect Digital Core (IDC), the core banking system by Intellect Global Consumer Banking (iGCB) to power its banking experience. OTP Group is one of the largest independent financial service providers in the Central Eastern European region. It is present in 12 countries with 17 million clients, more than 41,000 employees, and total assets exceeding EUR 100 billion.
Cloud-based technology and neo-banking functional challenges require a new approach from financial sector players. IDC and the lending platform built on eMACH.ai (Events-driven, Microservices-based, API-enabled, Cloud Native, Headless with underlying AI models) is a comprehensive Open Finance core banking solution and lending platform globally.
The offering will help OTP Bank to:
- Launch innovative products and features through the composable architecture-based platform, giving access to ready microservices, packaged business components and events.
- Offer curated experience and increase addressable market with a country-ready marketplace leveraging APIs.
- Improve the efficiency of the Bank’s employees through Workflow-based processes and Rule-based Engines built across products.
- Accelerate growth through the cloud-native platform.
Commenting on the partnership, Peter Csányi, Deputy CEO, Chief Digital Officer of OTP Bank said, “Customer is at the heart of everything we do at OTP Bank. We saw similar synergies with iGCB and we believe that the flexibility of the core banking system may enable us to create sustainable, personalised banking experiences suitable to the diversified needs of our customers. We look forward to beginning a new era in banking with iGCB.”
Rajesh Saxena, CEO, Global Consumer Banking (iGCB), Intellect Design Arena, said, “At iGCB, we believe in comprehending the customers’ psyche and empowering them with exponential technologies to go beyond the expected. In line with our strategic roadmap, we unveiled IDC, the world’s most comprehensive open finance-enabled core banking system, last year for Europe. This technology partnership with the largest bank in Hungary – OTP Bank for IDC reaffirms our focus on being ‘customer first’.”
Starting today, Intellect platforms will be implemented in parallel in two members of OTP Group: OTP Bank and its subsidiary in Bulgaria, DSK Bank.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 22, 2024
What makes Bahraini Islamic Finance industry so robustRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage