Mastercard announces new and expanded partnerships to enhance offerings for cardholders
By Pavithra R
Mastercard has announced new and expanded partnerships with DoorDash, HelloFresh, Fandango, Lyft, and ShopRunner to further drive value for World and World Elite consumer credit cardholders.
According to Mastercard Spending Pulse, which measures in-store and online retail sales across all forms of payment, online sales grew 54.7% in February compared to 2020.
New collaborations with DoorDash and HelloFresh will deliver on consumers’ desire for on-demand access to the local restaurant meals, household grocery and convenience items, and fresh meal kit delivery. Besides, expanded and optimized partnerships with Fandango, Lyft, and ShopRunner will help ensure cardholders are at a benefit with savings at home or on the go when frequenting these online service providers.
“As consumers, we’re shopping and spending more digitally than we ever have before and these new behaviors are here to stay. At Mastercard, we remain committed to ensuring that our cardholders get the highest value from their everyday spend by continuing to deliver offers with the merchants and categories with which they’re spending most frequently,” said Chiro Aikat, EVP Product and Innovation in North America for Mastercard.
Starting April 1st World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders can earn rewards for their online spend while continuing to benefit from enhanced security features and added digital and experiential benefits. Specifically, the updated offering for World and World Elite cardholders includes:
- DoorDash: Cardholders who are new to DashPass, a subscription program by DoorDash offering members unlimited free delivery fees and reduced service fees from restaurants, grocery and convenience stores on orders over $12, will get a free 3-month membership; while all DashPass members, new and existing, will automatically get a $5 discount on their first 2 orders each month when paying with a World or World Elite card.
- ShopRunner: Cardholders are provided free ShopRunner membership, valued at $79 per year, which provides free 2 day shipping and free returns from over 100+ retailers.
- HelloFresh: Cardholders will get 5% back on each HelloFresh purchase that can be used towards future HelloFresh orders. Additionally, new customers receive a discount on their first few orders.
- Fandango: Cardholders will now receive a $5 Fandango reward for future Fandango purchases for every $20 spent on digital movie rentals as well as movie ticket purchases.
- Lyft: Cardholders will automatically receive a $5 credit for every 3 rides taken in a calendar month. The credit will be automatically applied to the next ride, capped at once per month.
- Instacart customers who are not currently Instacart Express members will be eligible to receive 2 free months of an Instacart Express membership when signing up for an auto-renewing Instacart Express annual membership and enabling an eligible Mastercard card as their default payment method for the annual membership on Instacart. This service will be active through September 2021.
- Priceless Experiences: All consumer credit cardholders will gain access to more robust online at home and away program enabling exclusive access to experiences across consumers passions.
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection: All consumer credit cardholders will continue to have access to Mastercard ID Theft Protection to monitor their personal information and credentials. Cardholders can also access a team of identity theft resolution specialists to help resolve cardholders’ identity theft incidents.
“We’re excited to partner with Mastercard to empower their cardholders to affordably and conveniently access the best in their communities with DashPass. As expectations for convenience continue to rise, this partnership will further expand Mastercard cardholders’ rewards as we grow our subscription service to offer even more benefits across categories including restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and retail,” said Usman Cheema, Director of Global Corporate Partnerships for DoorDash.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 27, 2024
Saudi Arabia’s FinTech market poised for exponential growth: vision 2030 sparks innovation surgeRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
February 27, 2024