back Back

JCB International & Worldpay from FIS to enable contactless payments for UK merchants

By Delisha Fernandes

December 20, 2023

  • Asia
  • Cardmembers
  • Contactless Payments
Share

JCB International, E-Commerce Spending, Cart Abandonment, Cross-Border Purchase, Global Payments, FinTech, Japan, Asia, EuropeJCB International has extended its collaboration with Worldpay from FIS to enable JCB Contactless for its UK merchants.

As of 2023, almost 20% of Worldpay Point of Sale (POS) systems in the UK are equipped to accept JCB contactless payments. As part of the company’s mid-term plan, the next stage will see JCB Contactless enabled across on the remaining 80% of Worldpay terminals across the UK, with full rollout expected to be completed by the end of 2024.

Ray Shinzawa, Managing Director for JCB International (Europe) Ltd., said, “We are delighted to see the next stage of this ambitious project come to fruition, further reinforcing our collaboration with Worldpay. We look forward to continuing to work together in enabling  The Contactless payment system across the entire Worldpay POS ecosystem.”

JCB Contactless is a payment system that allows customers to shop by simply holding their JCB Card or JCB-card-enabled smartphone or other devices over the store terminal. The Contactless payment system is based on the global chip standard ‘EMV(R),’ offering a high level of security.

Worldpay’s UK merchants which enable JCB Contactless will be able to further tap into the sales opportunities of the company’s 154 million cardmember community. The fast, secure and convenient payment process for cardmembers, combined with the higher average transaction value of contactless, will help merchants increase their sales opportunities.

Chris Wood, General Manager for SMB International, Worldpay Merchant Solutions, FIS said, “With our research showing consumers are switching to contactless payments, it’s crucial we provide them with the ability to pay with their preferred payment method whenever and wherever they want. Our collaboration with the Japan-based company will enable this, simplifying our merchants’ payments acceptance, and accelerating growth.”

Previous Article

December 20, 2023

Neonomics & Ping Payments to expand open banking services across the Nordics

Read More
Next Article

December 20, 2023

Natixis CIB implements Adenza’s regulatory solution for HKMA compliance

Read More








IBSi Daily News Analysis

South East Asia

February 28, 2024

Asia

FinTech penetration in Southeast Asia will double by 2027, research reveals

Read More

IBSi FinTech Journal

  • Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
  • Digital monthly issue
  • 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
  • Global coverage
Subscribe Now

Other Related News

Today

Enfuce receives e-money licence to boost UK expansion

Read More

Today

DCB Bank leverages NPST’s ODR solution for dispute management

Read More

Today

Mastercard & MTN Group Fintech to bolster mobile payment services in Africa

Read More

Related Reports

Sales League Table Report 2023
Know More
Global Digital Banking Vendor & Landscape Report Q4 2023
Know More
Wealth Management & Private Banking Systems Report Q4 2023
Know More
IBSi Spectrum Report: Supply Chain Finance Platforms Q4 2023
Know More
Treasury & Capital Markets Systems Report Q4 2023
Know More

IBSi Sales League Table

The industry acknowledged barometer of global banking technology vendor performance!
Get your copy now!
close-link
Get your copy now! IBSi Sales League Table 2023