back Back

Bank Of Baroda partners with BNP Paribas Asset Management

By Leandra Monteiro

March 15, 2022

  • Asset Management
  • Bank of Baroda
  • Baroda BNP Paribas Mutual Fund

BNP Paribas Asset Management, Bank of BarodaBank of Baroda, one of India’s leading public sector banks and BNP Paribas Asset Management – the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, a leading banking group in Europe with global reach, have entered into a strategic partnership by combining the strengths of their respective asset management businesses in India, to form ‘Baroda BNP Paribas Mutual Fund’.

The resulting jointly held Asset Management Company (AMC) will leverage the strengths that each partner has developed, to offer products specifically designed for retail and institutional clients in India. This partnership demonstrates both institutions’ commitment to the Indian market, and their desire to cater to the fast-evolving needs of the country’s investors.

Bank of Baroda will have a 50.1% stake in the AMC, while BNP Paribas Asset Management will hold the remaining 49.9% stake. Baroda BNP Paribas Mutual Fund will offer 28 schemes across equity, hybrid, debt and overseas fund of fund categories. With touchpoints in 90 towns and cities across India, it is expected to serve over 1 million investor folios and more than 10,000 distributors. The joint venture AMC will also provide offshore advisory services and has combined assets under management and advisory of INR 22,522 Crore as of 14th March 2022.

Commenting on the merger, Sanjiv Chadha, Managing Director & CEO, Bank of Baroda said, “This is the coming together of two financial powerhouses who complement each other with the strengths that they bring to the table, creating a more potent combined entity. BNP Paribas Asset Management is a leading global asset manager, backed by BNP Paribas, and the JV will leverage their global experience, expertise and processes to build a stronger asset management platform offering high-quality investment solutions at scale. We have a tremendous opportunity before us in the Indian asset management space and I am excited about the journey ahead.”

David Vaillant, Global Head of Finance, Strategy & Participations, BNP Paribas Asset Management said, “This strategic partnership will enable us to expand in terms of scale and client outreach, as well as to grow our distribution network, and will provide Baroda BNP Paribas Mutual Fund with our global experience in managing assets across more than 30 markets. The joint venture aims to build on the strengths of both partners to create greater synergies and operational efficiencies, as well as bringing a wider range of first-class investment solutions to Indian investors.”

Suresh Soni, CEO of the merged entity said, “The Indian mutual fund industry is witnessing strong growth. There is a wave of both experienced and new investors across economic strata who want to participate in the India growth story. This joint venture combines the complementary strengths of two partners – massive local reach and in-depth knowledge of the Indian market of Bank of Baroda with the global expertise of BNP Paribas Asset Management. It gives us an opportunity to serve investors and partners in not just ‘India’, but ‘Bharat’ too. Our aim is to deliver strong performance, by offering diverse and innovative investment solutions, combined with impeccable service to our investors to help fulfil their financial goals.”

Previous Article

March 15, 2022

The Bank of London appoints Vincent François as Chief Audit Officer, UK

Read More
Next Article

March 15, 2022

CloudPay partners with Visa to deliver faster digital pay options

Read More

IBSi Daily News Analysis


July 19, 2024

Asset Management

SMEs leverage cloud to gain competitive edge, study shows

Read More

IBSi FinTech Journal

  • Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
  • Digital monthly issue
  • 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
  • Global coverage
Subscribe Now

Other Related News

July 23, 2024

Plum, UK’s smart money app raises £16m Series B

Read More

July 19, 2024

Airwallex obtains AFSL for expansion into retail investment offering

Read More

July 18, 2024

DIFISOFT & Quantit develop AI-based financial solutions in Southeast Asia

Read More

Related Reports

Sales League Table Report 2024
Know More
Global Digital Banking Vendor & Landscape Report Q2 2024
Know More
NextGen WealthTech: The Trends To Shape The Future Q4 2023
Know More
IBSi Spectrum Report: Supply Chain Finance Platforms Q4 2023
Know More
Treasury & Capital Markets Systems Report Q1 2024
Know More

IBSi Sales League Table

The industry acknowledged barometer of global banking technology vendor performance!
Get your copy now!
Get your copy now! IBSi Sales League Table 2024