back Back

Amundi BOC Wealth Management launches in China

By Edil Corneille

October 01, 2020

  • Amundi
  • Boc Wealth Management
  • China
Share

Amundi BOC Wealth Management Company Limited, Bank of China, JV, joint ventureAmundi and BOC Wealth Management, a subsidiary of the Bank of China, announced their new joint venture (JV) in China, Amundi BOC Wealth Management Company Limited. The JV has received its license from the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission and is now ready for opening. The company will start its operations this October. It will be the first foreign majority-owned company in China allowed to design and offer wealth management products.

The company is registered in Lingang New Free Trade Zone in Shanghai. Amundi holds a 55 per cent stake while BOC Wealth Management holds the remaining 45 per cent stake.

The company will primarily focus on the distribution of wealth management products to Chinese retail investors. It will first serve BOC customers and will also make its products available to other local distributors and digital platforms in China. In addition, it will progressively target institutional investors. Considering the depth of the wealth management market and its growth potential, the company expects a strong course of development.

Amundi BOC Wealth Management expects to launch its first products at the end of the year.

Yves Perrier, Amundi’s CEO expounded, “Amundi is pleased that Amundi-BOC Wealth Management Company has received its license from CBIRC. The launch of the company is on track with our plan. We are proud to create the first JV of this kind with our partner Bank of China. This venture, combining the best of both groups, will enable Amundi to bring first class international investment capabilities and services to Chinese investors, and will leverage Bank of China’s experience and extensive distribution network. This new JV will accelerate Amundi’s development strategy in China, a country that we foresee as one of our major markets in the coming decade. We welcome the arrival of Mrs. Liu Huijun and Mrs. Bao Aili as Chairman of the Board and General Manager of the Company and we have full confidence in their ability to build and develop a great and successful company.”

Previous Article

October 01, 2020

nexus by Standard Chartered partners with Sociolla in Indonesia

Read More
Next Article

October 01, 2020

TCS to implement Quartz Smart Solution for Zapaygo

Read More






IBSi Daily News Analysis

UK, Bank

July 12, 2024

Amundi

Global securities lending revenue sees sharp 16% decline to $2.53bn in Q2 2024, study shows

Read More

IBSi FinTech Journal

  • Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
  • Digital monthly issue
  • 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
  • Global coverage
Subscribe Now

Other Related News

Today

DCB Bank taps CyberArk to deliver secure services to customers

Read More

Today

GoCardless & ICE InsureTech to offer faster payments to insurance firms

Read More

July 11, 2024

Signzy brings 2G enabled VKYC to propel financial inclusion in rural India

Read More

Related Reports

Sales League Table Report 2024
Know More
Global Digital Banking Vendor & Landscape Report Q2 2024
Know More
Wealth Management & Private Banking Systems Report Q2 2024
Know More
IBSi Spectrum Report: Supply Chain Finance Platforms Q4 2023
Know More
Treasury & Capital Markets Systems Report Q1 2024
Know More

IBSi Sales League Table

The industry acknowledged barometer of global banking technology vendor performance!
Get your copy now!
close-link
Get your copy now! IBSi Sales League Table 2024