Paysafe appoints Ismail Dawood as the new Group CFO
By Megha Bhattacharya
Paysafe recently announced the appointment of Ismail Dawood as its new Group Chief Financial Officer. He will be assuming his position from the 28th of September and will report to the Paysafe CEO, Philip McHugh. He will be replacing the former CFO, Peter Smith.
Philip McHugh, Paysafe CEO, said, “Izzy is a talented finance executive with a proven track record in strategic thinking and driving impressive results. I know he will be a real asset to our team as we continue our path to become the world’s leading specialized payments platform.”
Dawood has around 25 years of experience in financial leadership as well as in corporate finance, treasury, investor relations, tax, financial planning and analysis, operational performance management, controllership, M&A and strategy. Previously, he worked at Branch International as their CFO. He also held CFO roles at WageWorks, Santander Consumer USA and BNY Mellon. Dawood has spent around 14 years in a range of finance and corporate leadership roles at Wells Fargo.
Izzy Dawood added, “Paysafe has a very diversified and highly relevant payments offering and never before has the digital payments industry felt more exciting. I very much look forward to being part of this ambitious company’s future growth story.”
Recently, Paysafe announced a partnership with a banking service provider, Monese in a bid to offer the latter’s customers with access to Paysafecash. The company’s eCash solution will now be available to customers, thus allowing them to top up their Monese accounts directly with cash. The new collaboration increases Monese’s cash top-up locations to more than 110k across Europe.
IBSi Prime News
October 18, 2021
The Monday Roundup: what we are watching this weekRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshot of the industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by the IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage