Mastercard’s Market Trends, a new interactive platform launches in Latin America and Caribbean region
By Pavithra R
Mastercard has announced the expansion of its new interactive business intelligence platform Market Trends in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
The move is built in the firm’s successful launch of the platform in Europe. Market Trends provides a comprehensive view of payments insights, competitive intelligence and industry trends for banks and financial institutions across Europe and now the LAC region.
In LAC, the platform enables a comparison of 700 cards from 13 countries, access to market reports, analysis of global and regional leading FinTechs and thought leadership on key payment industry and technology trends, such as Open Banking and Blockchain. Mastercard’s Market Trends provides a simple, curated view of reliable research, all in one place.
The platform includes 5 key features:
- Market Assessment: Easy to access reports providing insights for socio-economic, payment and digital KPI data including previous years, actual, and forecasted at a market level by Mastercard teams with 12 LAC markets analyzed in detail.
- Card Comparison: Filtering and benchmarking features of card products issued by different schemes and issuers to help make customers understand the competitive landscape. This includes an overview of key metrics and features at the local level. More than 700 cards are available for comparison from 13 LAC countries.
- Consumer Research: Access to research studies commissioned by Mastercard regionally and globally to provide insight across a range of topics.
- New Payment Experience: Analysis of leading regional and global FinTechs and best practices to help inform strategies in a constantly evolving payments landscape, including use cases and company profiles.
- Industry Insight: Access to Mastercard’s repository of videos, studies and global thought leadership on technology trends that are shaping the industry.
“Mastercard Market Trends offers a one-stop-shop for banks and financial institutions to access key information, which will allow for better decision making and results. The Platform has introduced insights, trends and consumer needs, specifically designed for the Latin America and Caribbean market. I am excited to offer this new product to our customers across the region and feel confident it will become an integral part of their day-to-day market industry research needs,” said Carlo Enrico, President, Mastercard Latin America and Caribbean.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. It’s Cyber & Intelligence team has been working with SMBs, and the Trust Center is the culmination of such work and partnerships. The firm is committed to building a more inclusive digital economy that works for everyone. As part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the firm has pledged $250 mn in financial, technology, product, and insights support over the next five years to SMBs worldwide, supporting the financial security and vitality of businesses and their workers.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
June 08, 2023
The deep dive: payment systems in NetherlandsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage