Mastercard welcomes six bright startups to its Start Path program
By Pavithra R
Mastercard has welcomed six scaling startups, from companies building blockchain-based payments solutions with the aim of humanizing finance to startups designing sustainable lending platforms to close the small business credit gap in emerging markets, to its award-winning Mastercard Start Path program.
Start Path is a global startup engagement program a springboard to help the best & brightest later stage startups maximize their opportunity for success. It brings together a diverse network of innovators looking to accelerate the way they change the world. Mastercard works closely with these startups through a 6-month program where they can benefit from Mastercard technology, expertise and resources to rapidly scale their business. The startups receive direct access to the company’s channels, customers and product teams as well as immersive virtual events and programming to uncover co-innovation opportunities.
“As the fintech landscape evolves at an unprecedented speed, Mastercard provides the infrastructure and assets to help fintech innovators grow and ultimately bring more people into the digital economy. The newest Start Path companies represent the future of the fintech industry and are designing inclusive solutions that anticipate consumer needs – we’re thrilled to partner with these innovators on their path to scale,” said Amy Neale, Senior Vice President, FinTech & Enablers.
Mastercard has selected the following fintech innovators with global ambitions to join Start Path:
- Asante Financial Services: a provider of high impact digital financial services that supports Africa’s growth through sustainable lending for underserved small businesses and individuals.
- Cledara: an all-in-one software as a service (SaaS) management platform that helps companies manage, control and automate their cloud software, enabling them to scale their operational processes, comply with regulations and save money.
- Jifiti: offers an end-to-end consumer financing solution for banks and lenders to quickly launch a white-labeled buy now, pay later (BNPL) solution requiring zero point-of-sale integration.
- Moeda Seeds: offers digital banking, payment and microcredit services powered by blockchain that aims to humanize finance and distribute social impact.
- SpenDebt: Its SaaS payment solution offers a frictionless way for consumers to automate their debt repayments through a predefined micropayment deducted at every transaction.
- Tippy: a modern tip disbursement engine built for cashless tipping in the service industry, saving owners processing fees while increasing tips and delivering them to service professionals’ accounts in real-time.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
November 28, 2023
Asante Financial Services
A $4 trillion Islamic banking market to be driven by FinTech, study showsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage