GO2bank launches Experian Credit Care Advantage
By Edlyn Cardoza
Green Dot is expanding its suite of credit-building tools available through its flagship digital bank, GO2bank, to help customers safely access and improve their credit and protect themselves against identity theft.
Many American adults struggle with low credit scores, and one in five live with no credit score or are “credit invisible,” limiting their access to fairly priced credit offerings. A new addition to GO2bank’s expanding suite of credit products, Experian Credit Care Advantage™, is now available to GO2bank customers and features:
- Instant FICO® Score improvement– Free access to Experian Boost™, which helps customers boost their FICO® Score with existing utility, phone, and video streaming service payments.
- Easier FICO® Score access – Customers can access their FICO® Score through their Experian membership free of charge, along with Experian credit monitoring and alerts.
- Identity protection – With Experian CreditLock, customers, can help protect against identity theft through the ability to lock and unlock their Experian credit file.
- Dark Web surveillance– Customers gain better control of their identity by monitoring over 600,000 web pages for their SSN, email, or phone number.
“Everyone deserves the chance to build, improve and protect their credit, as this can significantly impact their financial picture and ability to save and build a stronger foundation for the future,” said Dan Henry, President and CEO of Green Dot. “Now with Experian Credit Care Advantage, we’re proud to introduce a new suite of powerful credit tools that can help Americans living paycheck to paycheck, underserved for years, quickly and easily improve their credit health.”
“At Experian, we aim to empower consumers with more control over their credit and financial health,” said Jeff Softley, President, Direct to Consumer, Experian. “Thanks to this partnership, millions of GO2bank customers have access to valuable credit tools to kickstart their 2022 financial goals, including the first-of-its-kind Experian Boost feature, which can potentially increase their credit score instantly.”
With Experian Credit Care Advantage, customers can now seamlessly and securely improve their credit in the GO2bank app, ultimately allowing them to access credit with better terms. GO2bank provides customers with a single ecosystem for building, improving, and protecting their credit. Also, it offers a Secured Credit Card with no credit check or annual fee so that customers can establish and build credit, regardless of credit history. Additional credit-building offerings will be launched throughout 2022 and beyond.
GO2bank is Green Dot’s flagship digital bank designed to bring meaningful use and value where people need it most and to help improve financial health over time. GO2bank’s easy-to-use mobile app helps customers build confidence and control how they manage their money with up to $200 overdraft protection, high-value rewards, high-interest savings, and opportunities to establish, build, and track credit, regardless of credit history. GO2bank also features low or no monthly fees, easy access to more than 90,000 retail locations nationwide to deposit money quickly and conveniently, and the ability to get paid up to two days early (or up to four days early for government benefits).
IBSi Daily News Analysis
March 01, 2024
Banking Sector and regulatory framework: addressing India’s growing demand for secure lockersRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage