GO2bank and Experian partner to introduce new credit features
By Pavithra R
American FinTech and bank holding company Green Dot Corporation announced partnering with Experian to introduce new credit features to help customers safely access and improve their credit and protect their identity on GO2bank, Green Dot’s new flagship digital bank launched earlier this year.
Under the partnership, GO2bank will offer customers free access to Experian Boost to increase their FICO Score by paying utility and phone bills, plus Experian CreditLock to help protect against identity theft.
“Every American, regardless of credit history or experience, deserves quick and easy access to their credit score, as well as tools and opportunities to improve it and save money. Poor credit is expensive, particularly for the two in three Americans living paycheck-to-paycheck, and we’re proud to partner with Experian to offer tools that help our customers save, stretch their money a bit further, and build a stronger financial foundation for the future,” said Dan Henry, CEO of Green Dot.
GO2bank’s expanded credit suite is offered free of charge and is designed to offer features for the customer who are trying to improve their credit scores. Experian Boost, a feature offered for free through Experian, uses positive payment history for utility and phone bills as well as video streaming services to help consumers increase their FICO Score, allowing them to gain access to credit with better terms.
The new credit tools, offered through GO2bank, will offer seamless access to industry-leading credit tools and features, including:
- Clear credit picture: Customers can access their FICO Score through their Experian membership, along with Experian credit monitoring and alerts.
- Improve credit instantly: Customers can increase their FICO Score through Experian Boost by getting credit for paying bills.
- Safety and protection: GO2bank helps customers protect against identity theft by offering the ability to lock and unlock their Experian credit file, this feature comes with banking through its chartered, FDIC-insured bank.
- Access to credit: GO2bank’s Secured Credit Card is available with no credit check or annual fee.
- Single ecosystem for credit health: Additional features focused on graduating customers to new credit offerings and ways to save to be added throughout 2021 and beyond.
“Collaborating with one of the fastest growing digital banks is another way Experian is working on behalf of consumers to give them more control of their credit profile and credit scores. Millions of GO2bank customers will now have access to more financial tools and the one-and-only Experian Boost, which gives them an advantage; they can leverage all of these resources in one place, and potentially open more credit doors instantly,” said Jeff Softley, President, Direct to Consumer, Experian Consumer Services.
GO2bank is Green Dot’s new flagship digital bank designed to offer meaningful value where people need it most and help improve financial health over time, all in one easy-to-use mobile app.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
May 20, 2022
Will Web 3.0 unlock the future potential of FinTech?Read More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
May 20, 2022
Current launches platform API; collaborates with Plaid to deliver Open Finance SolutionsRead More
May 20, 2022