Green Dot Launches GO2bank, an ultimate mobile bank account
By Pavithra R
GO2bank is designed to further help the two in three Americans living paycheck to paycheck stretch their money and build a stronger financial foundation. It makes money access and management safe, easy, useful part of everyday life with tools that address common financial challenges and opportunities, improving long-term financial health through an all in one easy-to-use mobile app.
“Too many Americans struggle to access their money, are paying too much for financial products, and are negatively impacted by the lack of solutions designed to suit their needs. GO2bank is built to be the go-to destination for seamless, affordable, useful banking – combining the security, stability, and experience of an FDIC-insured bank with the innovation and agility of a leading fin-tech,” said Dan Henry, CEO of Green Dot Corp.
According to FDIC’s study approx. 7.1 mn U.S. households (5.4%) were unbanked in 2019, and nearly 12% were utilizing expensive methods like check cashiers, bill pay services and money orders to access the cash. GO2bank is designed to help customers reduce these costs and build confidence and control in the way they manage their money. With GO2bank, customers have access to industry-leading value and features, including:
- Overdraft protection of Up to $200 to help hold users over to payday.
- Get paid early: Access pay up to 2 days early, or government benefits up to four days early.
- High-value rewards: Up to 7% cashback rewards in the app on a wide variety of popular retailers.
- High-interest savings at a savings rate that is 10X the national average.
- Access to credit: GO2bank’s Secured Credit Card is available with no credit check or annual fee,enabling customers to establish and build credit, regardless of credit history.
- Easy access to more than 90,000 retail distribution locations nationwide to deposit money quickly and conveniently.
- Security and peace of mind: GO2bank is FDIC-insured bank, and its mobile app features one-click lock/unlock, SMS alerts, and more.
“The year 2020 illuminated and accelerated the demand for better digital banking and payments options. With GO2bank, Americans now have access to safe, seamless, affordable banking as well as tools to build a stronger financial foundation, all on a simple, intuitive platform that will grow and evolve with our customers over time,” added Henry.
Established since 1999, The Green Dot Corporation is an American FinTech and bank holding company headquartered in California. The company offers businesses an all-in-one platform that seamlessly builds banking into their brand.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 05, 2023
Why joining forces is key to boosting bankability and bridging climate finance gapsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage