Bank of Ireland launches digital wallet Google Pay for customers
By Megha Bhattacharya
Bank of Ireland has recently announced the release of its first digital wallet, Google Pay, in a bid to enable customers to add personal debit, credit cards, and business debit cards to the Google Pay digital wallet.
The Google Pay digital wallet platform is expected to boost in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices. The Bank’s customers will now be able to add their cards to Google Pay and start using it for payments in stores, online, and with Google products.
Director of Business Transformation at Bank of Ireland, Christine Hamill said, “Google Pay is now available for Bank of Ireland customers, making it easier for those who prefer the convenience of paying in-store with their phone. From today, customers can add their personal and business debit cards and personal credit cards to Google Pay and start using the service. This is an important addition to our services, and we look forward to bringing more new features to customers over the coming months.”
According to the Bank, customers can download the wallet app from Google Play Store, enter their card details by scanning the card or entering the details manually, and submit a One Time Passcode. Bank of Ireland recently made changes to its everyday banking services and released a fist digital account opening process as well as a new flat-fee subscription model.
IBSi Prime News
November 26, 2021
Bank Of Ireland
The Weekly Wrap: all you need to know by Friday COB | Nov 26thRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshot of the industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by the IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News