American Express unveils Amex Pay to offer the ability to pay for services
By Pavithra R
American Express has announced the launch of Amex Pay, the digital payment solution for taxes, telephony, cable, internet, and insurance, among others.
The application enables customers to access information on pending payments with details of the amount and due date and exclusive promotions, both from its web version and from the mobile application available for IOS and Android.
The use of online channels to make payments for services with American Express Cards, which includes virtual wallets and the ecommerce of each company, has been growing rapidly year after year and the pandemic accelerated this trend even more.
“In 2020 the volume of payment for services made with American Express Cards online grew by 53% in contrast to the automatic debit of the industry, for example, which grew by 19%. As of July of this year, the growth is 56% compared to the same period of the previous year We accompany this trend with our own development that will allow American Express customers to consolidate their payments in one place and operate quickly and safely, and have the personalized service of our brand,” stated Paula Ramos Mejía, commercial manager of Establishments of American Express Argentina.
Through the launch, the company affirms its commitment by launching its own payment application with the support and personalized service that characterizes it. The application offers customers the following benefits:
- Promotions and Discounts: Customers will be able to access exclusive promotions and discounts through Amex Pay.
- Greater organization : When the member makes the payment of a service for the first time, it is registered in the application, which allows access to the information of subsequent payments with the detail of the amount and expiration date.
- Greater financing: clients have the possibility of extending their service payment terms since it is paid on the card closing date (and not at the expiration of the service)
IBSi Daily News Analysis
September 29, 2023
Banking is becoming byte-sized with rise of Embedded Finance, Temenos study showsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
September 29, 2023