Worldline to enable online businesses to launch their own payment method
By Joy Dumasia
Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry, introduces WL Account-Based Payments, an account-to-account (A2A) payment offering allowing online businesses to launch their own custom branded payment method. Worldline’s solution is built with open banking technology, allowing third parties to access banking information previously controlled by banks. The payment methods will feature custom branding, instant settlement notification, low fees, comprehensive coverage and more.
The solution from Worldline can be accessed through a single API allowing for a swift and straightforward integration offering:
- Custom branded payments: Displays company name and official logo at checkout. This way, businesses can encourage consumer adoption and promote their brand to shoppers at all stages of the payment journey.
- Instant settlement notification: A speedy settlement notification assuring online businesses can release their goods or services with confidence.
- Low fees: By leveraging open banking technology, WL Account-Based Payments provides cost-effective payments.
- The complete coverage: Gives businesses access to 20 European countries and the UK, making it the most competitive offering on the market.
Further features include QR-code payments with one-click refunds, and the setup of recurring payments at checkout is scheduled for later this year. These lead to an improved user experience and conversion rates. Worldline is launching the solution progressively throughout Europe and expanding into high growth markets in Asia and Latin America.
Eline Blomme, Head of Product Management Digital Commerce at Worldline, said: “WL Account-Based Payments gives you more control over all aspects of the payment process. Custom branding, instant settlement notification and lower fees are just some benefits of this open banking product. We are currently developing the solution for some big household names. We are excited to see the momentum building around open banking and what it can deliver for our customers and the digital commerce ecosystem.”
Recently, IBS Intelligence reported that Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry and number 4 worldwide, has recently become a WhatsApp Business Solution Provider for the distribution and provision of WhatsApp Business API.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
May 17, 2022
The Monday Roundup: what we are watching this week | May 16thRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage