Western Union & Elektra join forces to simplify payment acceptance via Chatbot
By Delisha Fernandes
Western Union and Elektra are expanding their money transfer service options for their users to receive money in Mexico by sending a message via Chatbot.
Following a few steps, users with an active account at Banco Azteca are now able to collect the money sent to them from the US using this new capability.
“At Elektra, we constantly seek to improve our services and channels, offering innovative and technologically efficient solutions to our users, who are always our priority. This alliance with Western Union allows us to increase our omnichannel service capabilities while generating choice, control, and convenience for our users,” said Ulises Psihas, CEO, Payment Systems, Grupo Elektra.
Service requirements are as follows:
- Have the Banco Azteca App downloaded and installed.
- Send a message via Chatbot from the telephone number associated to the Banco Azteca account at which the money will be deposited in seconds.
The process to receive the money sent from the US is:
- Save Chatbot “My money transfer” in your contacts (+525541653230) or scan the QR code
- Go to WhatsApp and type “Hello” in the chat to start the conversation
- Type in the transaction number and confirm the amount
- Upon completion, the money is deposited into the beneficiaries´ Banco Azteca account, and receipt shared via Chatbot and email
“In addition to our extensive network of retail stores, we continue to invest in technology to give customers the option to send money when and where they want to,” said Claudia Reyes Armebianchi, General Manager for Mexico, Western Union. “In a country where 87.9% of the population has an active WhatsApp account,1 being able to send money transfers through mobile phones not only accelerates speed but offers convenience and financial inclusion to our customers.”
IBSi Daily News Analysis
October 03, 2023
Digital Identity Verification checks will surpass 70bn by 2024, study showsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage