UnionPay International enhances customer experience in South Africa
By Pavithra R
Under the collaboration, builder’s Warehouse and Game stores can now accept UnionPay cards at all of their Point-of-Sale checkouts, enhancing the customer shopping experience in South Africa.
“We are delighted and grateful to have support from some of the strongest retail brands in the country, such as Game and Builder’s Warehouse. UnionPay continues to work with retailers of all sizes to enable their point-of-sales across the country to offer easy, convenient and secure payment services to a growing market of UnionPay cardholders living and working in South Africa,” said Mr. Luping Zhang, General Manager of UnionPay International Africa Branch.
“Absa continuously looks to improve the payment experience of customers to ensure that it meets their needs and expectations. We are pleased to partner with Unionpay and Massmart to provide customers with more innovative card solutions,” said Karin Mathebula, Managing Executive: Product and Enablement for Relationship Banking, Absa Retail and Business Bank.
UnionPay, with over 150 mn UnionPay cards issued in 70 countries and regions has expanded its acceptance network to 180 countries and regions in recent years. At present, UnionPay cards are widely accepted in Africa across all sectors, effectively meeting the diverse purchasing needs of UnionPay cardholders visiting and living on the continent. UnionPay cards have been issued in over 10 African countries, including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, Madagascar and Mauritius. It has launched various innovative payment products in Africa in response to the worldwide digital transformation and financial inclusion.
IBSi Prime News
January 21, 2022
The Weekly Wrap: all you need to know by Friday COB | Jan 21stRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshots of industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives who are shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
January 19, 2022