Ternio and Blockcard rebrand to Unbanked; a new era of financial access & control
By Pavithra R
Ternio, a white-label technology provider giving cryptocurrency real-world utility has unveiled Unbanked, the new brand that brings together the company’s enterprise financial offerings and its flagship product BlockCard under one cohesive identity.
The rollout of the company’s logo, branding, and messaging will mark a new era for the organization, setting the stage for a full consumer and enterprise launch across sales and marketing channels, digital, mobile, and new product releases on June 30, 2021.
Unbanked was founded on the belief that financial access and control is a fundamental human right. With the launch of Unbanked, consumers will be able to take full advantage of cryptocurrency and traditional banking solutions in a way that would not be possible without blockchain technology.
“We could not be more excited about introducing Unbanked to the world. The demand for crypto-focused financial services has caused companies to create a patchwork of offerings that only address a handful of needs at a time. Unbanked offers our customers a more complete blockchain-enabled banking experience that is faster, lets them have greater control of their crypto, and cuts down on cost-prohibitive fees,” said Ian Kane, co-founder at Unbanked.
Some of Unbanked’s current and future product offerings include:
- Bank accounts: While Ternio/BlockCard initially focused on providing bank accounts for residents of the United States, Unbanked is expanding to offer FDIC-insured bank accounts to residents across the globe.
- Debit cards: Unbanked customers, once they pass KYC are nstantly issued a virtual card that can be used on its own or integrated with a number of leading payment platforms like Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. Customers can also opt-in to receive a more traditional physical card which can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Rewards: Customers are able to earn up to 6.38% back in cryptocurrency on all purchases made using the Unbanked Card by participating in the company’s staking program.
- Buy, Sell, and Send Crypto: Unbanked support over 12 of the leading digital currencies and enables the direct purchase of BTC, ETH, and TERN, aggregating prices across multiple exchanges to ensure customers get the best rate available.
- Enterprise Financial Solutions: It offers a suite of enterprise-grade financial products like white-label card issuance, bank accounts, and financial toolkit APIs that have helped organizations like Paxful and the Litecoin Foundation issue crypto debit cards and expand digital asset utility and spendability.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
May 17, 2022
The Monday Roundup: what we are watching this week | May 16thRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage