Synctera announces new FinTech and banking partners, unveils Card API
By Pavithra R
Synctera, closing the gap between community banks and FinTechs, has announced the signing on of Marqeta, the global payment processing and cash issuing platform provider, and Mastercard, the global leader in payments technology, as FinTech partners, launched its Card API, and added Regent Bank as a new banking partner.
Synctera’s Cards-as-a-Service offering, launching this fall, is expected to complement its existing FinTech as a Service capabilities and allow FinTechs to easily launch and manage consumer and business debit card programs. Through its collaboration with Marqeta and Mastercard, Synctera will provide advanced card creation, processing, and management capabilities and make it seamless for FinTechs to create new card programs and for community banks to get into the card-issuing game. The firm also announced the availability of Synctera’s Cards API for developer access today.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Synctera to bring Marqeta’s modern card issuing and processing capabilities to even more FinTechs, and to significantly expand the number of community banks that can access best-in-class issuing technology. We’re excited about the new innovation and companies that this collaboration can enable,” said Darren Mowry, Chief Revenue Officer at Marqeta.
Following are some highlights from Synctera’s recent partnerships and product updates:
- Account Management and Efficiency: Through its partnership with Marqeta, Synctera enables FinTechs to easily and efficiently create new card programs.
- Faster Onboarding and Card Program Launches: Synctera has selected Mastercard as its network partner to improve bank and FinTech onboarding and support, thereby minimizing time to market and accelerating time to revenue for banks and FinTechs alike. Synctera will also tap Mastercard’s Digital First Card Program to enable consumers’ best-in-class digital banking experience.
- Issuance and Management of Debit Cards: With the publication of Synctera’s Cards API, FinTech developers can now begin building card capabilities into their products via the Synctera platform
““Synctera’s vision to connect community banks and FinTechs addresses a critical industry need in a meaningful and innovative way. Pairing Mastercard’s leading technology and connectivity with Synctera allows for greater collaboration to benefit the FinTech ecosystem, while also supporting entrepreneurs and developers by reducing the barriers to creating innovative card programs,” said Sherri Haymond, Executive Vice President Digital Partnerships at Mastercard.
In addition to the partnerships with Marqeta and Mastercard, Synctera has also signed on a new community bank to the platform: Regent Bank, adding to Synctera’s previously announced partnerships with Coastal Community Bank and Lineage Financial Network.
Regent Bank is a locally owned community bank in Oklahoma supporting local and mid-market businesses by deploying the latest banking technology to supply its customers with timely and highest-quality service.
“Partnering with Synctera is a natural next step as we continue to grow and service our customers in key industries like FinTech. As Synctera continues to build out its offerings and further solidify itself in the industry, Regent Bank will be at the forefront of banking innovation and continue to provide exemplary service and products to our customers”, said Steve Baker, Chief Operating Officer at Regent Bank.
The announcement and new offering come on the heels of Synctera’s recent $33 mn Series A funding round led by Fin VC, further cementing the firm as a leader in the Banking-as-a-Service and embedded finance space.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
March 01, 2024
Banking Sector and regulatory framework: addressing India’s growing demand for secure lockersRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage