Shakepay expands payment offering for customers
By Delisha Fernandes
Shakepay has launched everyday payments for all customers, direct deposit, pay bills, e-transfer to friends and rewards for regular account activity.
“At Shakepay, our foundational purpose is to give hard-working Canadians better, more affordable options because we believe fees for basic financial services shouldn’t exist – period,” said Jean Amiouny, CEO of Shakepay. “Competition drives innovation. For our customers and the growing number of Canadians struggling to make ends meet, there is a place for secure, technology-based everyday payments that offer an exceptional customer experience without high fees that chip away at their savings.”
“We began as a bitcoin exchange focused on bringing bitcoin to the hands of all Canadians. Today, we’re bitcoin’s promise of a fairer financial system to the world of traditional finance and integrating them into products Canadians can use for their everyday payment needs,” added Amiouny.
Shakepay’s new everyday payments include:
- Direct deposit: Customers can now send part or their entire payroll to be deposited directly to their Shakepay account. At their request, customers can also set up automatic bitcoin purchases.
- Pay a bill: Customers can pay a bill as they would from their traditional financial institution.
- E-Transfer your friends: Customers can seamlessly send Interac e-Transfers to anyone in Canada directly from within the Shakepay app.
- Shakepaid: A novel feature in the everyday payments space that can lead to high returns for our customers. Building off the successful and novel Shakepay Card program, customers can get “shakepaid” and receive a little something extra with every incoming deposit, courtesy of Shakepay (minimum deposit is $100, max return is $1000 paid in bitcoin).
The product suite also includes the Shakepay Visa prepaid card; one of Canada’s first bitcoin cashback cards that allows customers to earn up to 2% bitcoin cashback on all their purchases. This, and other reward programs, like #shakepaid, are key features that make Shakepay a preferred partner for Canadians looking to get the most out of their financial services.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 28, 2024
FinTech penetration in Southeast Asia will double by 2027, research revealsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage