Saxo Markets launch free real-world investment simulator SaxoScenarios
By Joy Dumasia
Saxo Markets UK, the FinTech specialist focused on multi-asset trading and investment, has announced the launch of a gamified investment experience, SaxoScenarios, designed to simulate a portfolio and its performance against historic market events to teach users about the importance of diversification and risk management.
The SaxoScenarios launch is part of Saxo Markets UK’s initiative to educate investors using its platform to promote greater awareness of market risks. The simulated platform is free to use and offers several features designed to give users a realistic experience of market volatility and its impact on portfolios and offer detailed information on how to manage and mitigate these risks.
Users track their customised portfolios in real-time against historic market volatility scenarios, including the Covid-19 crisis or the US-China trade war, and then compare their performance against the MSCI World Index and other users over the same period. Key features of SaxoScenarios include:
- Starting portfolios aligned to users’ interests and values, including the Globalist, who is invested in companies with global operations; the World Traveller, a portfolio weighted heavily in travel and transportation; and the Eco Warrior, for those who are invested in green technologies.
- The simulated platform includes a newsfeed displaying breaking news highlighting key market events from the simulated period chosen by the user.
- Users can rebalance their mock investment portfolio throughout the simulation, allocating across a range of asset classes, including equities, bonds, commodities and crypto.
- Throughout the simulation, users are offered advice and information through an education panel, explaining key investment concepts such as systematic risk, haven assets, green investing and more.
Charlie White-Thomson, CEO of Saxo Markets UK, commented: “In volatile markets, understanding the importance of portfolio diversification and risk management is important, which is why we have launched SaxoScenarios, a tool for investors wanting to educate themselves about markets and how to manage potential downside risks in their portfolio. We have created a fun and engaging educational platform which carries an important message yet gives users a chance to win prizes based on performance while learning lessons that they can apply to real-life portfolios.”
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 01, 2023
UAE consumers turn to banks for advice on sustainable financeRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage