Revolut introduces crypto spending feature in debit cards
By Gloria Methri
Revolut has added a crypto spending feature to its debit cards in the UK and Switzerland, enabling customers to switch between currencies they spend from, including digital currencies. The new feature can be activated on any existing card within the Revolut retail app.
Converting Revolut card into ‘crypto card’
- Customers wishing to spend their crypto using the Revolut card must open the Cards section in the retail app and pick one of the existing cards, physical or virtual.
- Then they need to enter the card’s settings and switch the currency from fiat money to one of the close to 100 tokens supported by Revolut in the app.
- Once the crypto pocket is linked, a crypto-enabled card will process payments with instantly converted tokens.
- Customers can also order a separate card, virtual or physical, to use only for crypto payments.
This way any existing card can be turned into a “crypto card”.
Crypto-enabled cards offer a 1% cashback for all purchases, both online and offline, during the promo period. The cashback is paid out in the same currency that they spend. Customers will be able to combine both their current plan cashback along with the crypto-enabled card cashback during the promo period.
“This year we have not only increased the number of cryptocurrencies available in the Revolut app to close to 100 tokens and launched Crypto Learn & Earn education courses enjoyed by millions of our customers. Now, we are making crypto even more mainstream, by empowering people to use crypto-enabled cards to spend their tokens for everyday purchases,” said Emil Urmanshin, Crypto General Manager at Revolut.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
June 06, 2023
FIs using SaaS recover faster than traditional banks during disruptions, study showsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
June 06, 2023