Plum unveils ‘e-imburse’ to streamline health insurance claims in India
By Gloria Mathias
Plum, India’s InsurTech platform offering health insurance and business insurance solutions, has launched ‘e-imburse’, a digital-first solution for reimbursement claims.
With a user-centric approach, Plum claims to drastically reduce the time it now takes to file a reimbursement claim from at least 7 days to just an hour.
‘E-imburse’ has introduced several key features, as follows:
- Paperless efficiency: There is no need to fill out or print any claim form from the user or even submit physical bills or printouts.
- User-friendly interface: an intuitive interface that ensures policyholders can effortlessly navigate the claims process.
- Enhanced security:
- For the user: wherein policyholders can trust in the safety and confidentiality of their sensitive information.
- For the insurer: Through optical character recognition (OCR) technology, official documents can now be scanned for authenticity and originality, thereby bringing about efficiency in the claim settlement process.
Saurabh Arora, Co-Founder and CTO of Plum stated, “The Indian insurance industry is undergoing a tech transformation from the ground up, and Plum is leading the way in driving these advancements. At Plum, our mission is to develop technology products that benefit not only policyholders and insurance partners but also elevate the entire insurance landscape. ‘E-imburse’ is a testament to that commitment. Plum is taking distinct steps to simplify insurance, making it more accessible and understandable for everyone.”
Ashish Khandelwal, Director Products at Plum said, “Simplifying insurance is a long journey, and we have only started. Striving to create an impact on our customers’ lives is our core mission, and ‘e-imburse’ is a step in that direction. This is a first, not only for Plum but for the entire insurance industry. We have been able to harness the capabilities of various technologies, like ML and OCR, to create a solution that didn’t exist before. We expect that going forward, the reimbursement claims journey for our customers will be simplified and less time-consuming.”
Plum’s digital innovations are being built to leverage the efficiencies of technology in insurance. From PolicyGPT’s industry-first Gen-AI tool simplifying policies to the swift generation of health IDs through the Endorsement Checkout Experience, Plum prioritises user convenience.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
November 28, 2023
A $4 trillion Islamic banking market to be driven by FinTech, study showsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage