Payments app Spot emerges from stealth with pre-seed Investment
By Gloria Methri
Spot, an app that allows you to get paid without sort codes and account numbers, has launched as it emerges from stealth mode.
The app allows users to connect their bank accounts and send out payment links via popular messaging apps such as WhatsApp, removing the need to swap bank account details and preventing awkward conversations.
Spot recently concluded a £500k pre-seed funding round, resulting in a valuation of approximately £4 million. The investment comes from prominent angel investors in the UK and USA, representing globally recognised financial institutions and banks.
Co-founded by Charlie Pentol-Levy and Declan Ridding, the app aims to streamline transactions in three simple steps:
- Connect Your Bank Account: Seamlessly link your bank account to the Spot app via Open Banking.
- Send a Spot Link: Generate a link within the app, making it easy to share payment requests through your preferred messaging app.
- Get Paid Directly into Linked Bank Account: Links can be paid by anyone (they don’t need the Spot app), and the funds land directly into the linked bank account.
The app is now available to download across the UK.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 28, 2024
FinTech penetration in Southeast Asia will double by 2027, research revealsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage