Nium expands global payments network with new Poland corridor
By Megha Bhattacharya
Nium announced that it has expanded its global payments network by adding a new corridor into Poland. Nium customers around the world will now be able to send money to Poland in its local currency – PLN (Polish Zloty), with the offering being extended to their end-users as well. PLN payments will reach beneficiaries in 30 minutes and the service can be used for all local currency banks accounts.
“Poland’s economy is expected to grow at a steady pace this year, as post-pandemic business booms. We see more funds flowing into the country, whether for investment purposes or to pay vendors and suppliers. All funds transferred into Poland can be initiated in any of the 60+ source currencies currently offered through our pay-out platform and recipients will receive the money in the local currency”, says Frederick Crosby, Nium Chief Revenue Officer.
According to Nium, its network expansion into Poland will enable a faster and more convenient payments flow for its customers. It will help businesses overcome the complexity of sending local payments into Poland and open pay-outs into the country to facilitate B2B transactions, as well as B2C, C2C and C2B.
Part of Nium’s European expansion, payouts in all non-EUR local currencies will also be made available to other CEE countries such as: Bulgaria (BGN), the Czech Republic (CZK), Hungary (HUF) and Romania (RON).
IBSi Prime News
October 18, 2021
The Monday Roundup: what we are watching this weekRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshot of the industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by the IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage