Mews acquires Bizzon for seamless guest payments
By Joy Dumasia
Mews, the industry hospitality cloud, has announced the acquisition of Bizzon, an innovator of POS software, to expand its FinTech offering to hotels and their F&B teams. The Bizzon POS product family will become part of the Mews Payments product line.
Founded in 2015, the Bizzon team developed an integrated suite of products designed to help hospitality businesses connect and modernize the guest experience through fully integrated POS and digital ordering.
- Point-of-sale (POS): a mobile-first POS that enables hotels to serve guests, take orders, and make payments from anywhere at the property.
- Digital Ordering: a web-based product that enables guests to order and pay without any staff intervention.
- Inventory: enables restaurants to manage single or multi-warehouse inventories.
- Payments: a module that supports mobile and e-commerce payments in multiple currencies. Bizzon currently supports 500 hotel businesses across 15 countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific, including over 200 Accor properties with several hundred more planned for rollout in 2022.
Matthijs Welle, CEO of Mews, said: “Mews revolutionized property management systems by putting the guest at the center of our product instead of rooms and inventory. As soon as we saw the Bizzon product, we knew that their team shared our vision and product principles. They’ve put the guest at the heart of their product and removed every friction point in the F&B and hotel journey.”
Saša Šarunić, Co-Founder of Bizzon, said: “Mews is setting a new standard for hospitality. They are laser-focused on simplifying and automating operations for hoteliers and guests, and like us, the team has a bold vision to make this industry better. This is an incredibly exciting moment, and both our team and customers will be able to thrive with the resources and knowledge of Mews.”
Before the acquisition, Bizzon supported integration with the Mews Hospitality Cloud. The company believes the acquisition will streamline the PMS and POS experience for hoteliers and staff. Mews anticipates that with both technologies in their portfolio, customers will make smarter decisions about their guests through consolidated reporting and centralized guest profiles.
As part of the acquisition, the Bizzon team will join Mews. This represents the fifth acquisition made by Mews Ventures in the last two years. Previous acquisitions have included Planet Winner (2019), Base7Booking (2020), Hotel Perfect (2021) and Cenium (2022).
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 01, 2023
UAE consumers turn to banks for advice on sustainable financeRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
December 01, 2023