Marygold & Co. launches unique banking and financial services to organize financial lives
By Edlyn Cardoza
Marygold & Co. recently announced the beta launch of its unique FinTech solution, a free banking and financial services app plus debit card combination that provides access to FDIC-insured accounts and an empowering digital alternative to traditional banking.
Like having a private banker on your phone offering personalized banking and financial services, the Marygold & Co. app allows clients to better manage their finances anytime, anywhere, with no banking fees, no minimums, and no credit checks. From real-time payments and interest-earning money pool savings accounts to goal-setting functionality and automated funding options, the app’s exclusive tools enable users to organize their financial lives while helping them navigate their personal financial journey. The company’s contactless Debit Mastercard can be used at a nationwide network of 37,000 surcharge-free MoneyPass ATMs and anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
“Imagine paying anyone in the U.S. with an email or mobile phone without guessing whether they can receive the transaction. Imagine earning interest on all your bank accounts without minimums, fees or limits. Imagine getting paid up to two days early with payroll direct deposit,” said Chad Butler, Marygold & Co.’s president and COO. “With Marygold & Co. — the future of online banking — those imaginations are reality. Leave the big bank mentality behind, join the Marygold & Co. community and take control of your money today!”
In addition, the company recently signed a deal with Elwood Edwards, the iconic voice from America Online’s famous “You’ve Got Mail” notification, to be an official voice for the company’s app. Within the Marygold & Co. application, Edwards’ voice will say things like, “You’ve got money!” when clients receive a payment.
Additional Marygold & Co. features include the following:
- Convenient “pay anyone” capability authorizes clients to send real-time payments to anyone in the U.S. — regardless of whether they have a Marygold & Co. account — with just an email and/or mobile phone number. Receivers simply select their preferred method to receive payment.
- Advanced security features, including in-app control of card spend, an EMV chip and a customized security dashboard, empower clients to take control of their account security.
- Contactless payment options utilizing NFC technology enable touch-free tap-to-pay transactions from the Marygold & Co. debit card. Smartphone, key fob, and other wearable tap-to-pay options are coming soon.
- Unlimited, customized, individual FDIC-insured savings accounts with automated funding, called money pools, allow clients to set up custom goals and funding options to save up for life’s most important events.
- High annual percentage yield on all deposits. (APY% rates are calculated based on the federal funds rate and may change after the account is opened.)
- Payroll direct deposit permits clients to receive payments up to two days early.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 01, 2023
UAE consumers turn to banks for advice on sustainable financeRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage