Lifen raises €50m to bring healthcare systems into the digital age
By Joy Dumasia
Lifen, one of the leading HealthTech startups in France, announces a 50 million euro Series C financing led by Creadev and Lauxera Capital Partners. The previous investors, Serena and Partech, are also participating.
Lifen will use the funds to expand its infrastructure to help the healthcare sector digitise its data at scale. For players in the healthcare industry at large, the benefits are threefold: better access to innovations for doctors, simplified use of digitisation in the treatment process and fast integration of e-health solutions into hospital information systems.
Lifen, which already has more than 600 healthcare facilities among its customers, will hire more than 200 employees in Europe over the next 18 months to support these developments. According to the Association of British HealthTech Industries, the Healthtech industry represents the largest employer in the broader Life Sciences industry in the UK.
Multiple initiatives to accelerate digital transformation will positively impact the care system (NHS Long Term Plan, The Future of Healthcare initiative). For this digital transition to be fully realised, two main obstacles for publishers must be resolved: cost and complexity of market access. Lifen aims to offer a solution to this problem for all stakeholders.
Since 2015, Lifen has built its success on digitising medical reports based on proven technologies, fulfilling the most stringent security requirements. This allows the company to guarantee:
- Connection to health data: flow management in hospital information systems & artificial intelligence to structure health data;
- Secure identity management: identity management application suite covering all types of identification and authorisation scenarios;
- Distribution of solutions to healthcare stakeholders.
Franck Le Ouay, Lifen, said: “Progress in eHealth requires joint efforts. Each stakeholder is currently forced to deal with the complexities of the entire ecosystem. Lifen offers a solution to this problem, which will boost the digitalisation of the treatment path.”
IBSi Prime News
November 26, 2021
The Weekly Wrap: all you need to know by Friday COB | Nov 26thRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshot of the industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by the IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
November 25, 2021