Leading technology players join Mastercard Send Partner Program
By Edlyn Cardoza
Mastercard recently announced the first 16 technology partners to join the Mastercard Send Partner Program, a new program for banks, financial technology providers and system integrators to help them deliver more convenient and secure real-time digital payments to their customers. This innovative program allows these providers to quickly embed end-to-end real-time payments into their customer journeys using Mastercard Send to help them meet growing consumer expectations for speed, choice, and security.
In a world where people increasingly expect to pay and get paid how they want, and instantly, Mastercard Send enables people and organizations to send and receive money in real-time around the world. It is designed to help banks, businesses, and digital players modernize the way they send payments to provide their customers with increased control over their finances. At the same time, they benefit from greater customer acquisition and retention.
Mastercard Send supports a wide variety of use cases to benefit consumers, banks, and government bodies – demonstrating the broad appeal and applicability of Mastercard’s capabilities. Working with hundreds of customers around the world, including governments, banks, and global marketplaces, the number of use cases continues to grow across healthcare, gaming, B2B payments and crypto wallet cash outs – ranging from paying out emergency relief funds and insurance disbursements to on-demand wages for gig economy workers.
The initial partners to join the program are Adyen, AptPay, Checkout.com, Cognizant, Fenige, Green Dot, IngoMoney, KyckGlobal, Opentech, OpenText, Oracle, PayPal, Stripe, TabaPay, Transcard and Vereto.
More partners will be announced throughout 2022, and Mastercard will collaborate with these leading technology partners to enhance functionality and accelerate Send deployment across global markets.
Partners will be provided with turnkey resources and additional benefits to facilitate digital payment experiences, including:
- Go-to-market collaboration –supported with business and sales enablement through referral agreements and participating in additional sales and marketing opportunities.
- Training & insights – access to industry insights and training sessions to help make informed business decisions. They can also participate in regional forums with insight from Mastercard and partners around value and product propositions and market priorities.
- Technical support– provided with full end-to-end technical, solution and product support.
- Industry expertise and positioning – access to Mastercard’s product and market expertise and benefitting from its scale and speed-to-market capabilities.
- Mastercard Engage –qualified partners will be invited to join the Mastercard Developers global partner network, Engage, to bundle products and services, so they are better equipped to meet customers’ needs. Through the network, partners will gain access to Mastercard solutions, connect to Mastercard customers, receive additional promotional opportunities, technical and product education, and use of the Engage qualification mark.
Liz Oakes, Executive Vice President, Send, Mastercard, said: “Payment solutions need to provide convenient options and reflect the increasingly complex global world we all live in. Consumers expect speed, choice and security wherever they interact so offering convenient, innovative ways to pay and get paid is essential. Our Send Partner Program will ensure our partners have the ongoing support they need to embed real-time payment services into the heart of their product offering and provide millions more people with secure, convenient and faster ways to pay and get paid. We are excited to be supporting our initial 16 partners and look forward to welcoming more to the Program over the coming months.”
Together, Mastercard and its partners will focus collaboration efforts to bring best in class digital payment solutions to the market by embedding real-time payments into the digital customer journey. For example, Oracle and Mastercard partnered to create Civic Assist, a comprehensive solution enabling public sector organizations to disburse aid quickly, safely and securely, ensuring people in need can get financial support quickly. Additionally, AptPay has recently announced it will be launching smartSEND, enabling casinos and online gaming sites to disburse winnings into bank accounts instantly, prepaid cards and/or mobile wallets using Mastercard Send providing winners with more convenient, immediate access to their money.
Mastercard Send is an integral part of Mastercard’s mission to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, and accessible. Together with Mastercard Cross-Border Services, customers can reach more than 100 countries and 50 currencies and access more than 90% of the world’s population through a single, secure global platform. For example, OpenText integrates with Send and Cross-Border Services to ensure that customers and partners can quickly enable the secure exchange of digital payments globally – removing lengthy delays or uncertainty over international payments.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
March 01, 2024
Banking Sector and regulatory framework: addressing India’s growing demand for secure lockersRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage