Klarna enters subscription market with the launch of Klarna Plus in the US
By Delisha Fernandes
Klarna, an AI powered payments network, has entered into the subscription service model with the launch of Klarna Plus, issued by WebBank, now available to eligible US consumers through the payment app for a monthly fee of $7.99.
Klarna Plus allows members to maximize their experience through access to a variety of features and offers, including waived service fees on its One Time Card product, double rewards points, and access to special deals with popular brands.
“Today marks an exciting milestone for us with the introduction of our first-ever premium subscription service, Klarna Plus,” said David Sandstrom, Chief Marketing Officer, Klarna. “Our research indicates that dedicated users are looking for an enhanced shopping experience through a subscription model. The new payment option addresses this demand, allowing us to deepen our engagement with 37 million loyal US consumers, while also further diversifying a portfolio of payment and shopping solutions.”
Available within the Klarna app, this new service builds on the innovative suite of payments and shopping services, offering a subscription model that brings even more value to loyal shoppers by giving members access to a variety of exclusive offers and deals.
The new payment option offers the following features at launch, with more coming soon:
- Double rewards points – Collect double points (2 points for every $1 spent) on purchases with Klarna rewards club.
- No service fees – Shop at any retailer outside Klarna’s network to split payments into four interest-free installments using Klarna’s One Time Card, with no added service fees. This exclusive benefit can save loyal consumers $12 each month.
- Exclusive deals – Access special discounts at Nike, COACH, Macy’s, Instacart, and GOAT, totaling up to $30/month.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 23, 2024
Regulated firms battle surge in financial crime attempts, research revealsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage