Finnish S-Bank chooses Worldline to detect card frauds
By Gloria Methri
Supported by Worldline technology, S-Bank will deploy real-time fraud detection for debit and credit cards whilst increasing the efficiency of its card risk management.
Worldline Fraud Management Suite (FRAMS) covers all aspects of card fraud detection and prevention, incorporating artificial intelligence and rules modelling management, investigations, and fraud case handling.
The three tools developed by Worldline and adapted to S-Bank processing are:
- Worldline Pay Online Watcher: A real-time rules engine for front-office authorization declines.
- Extended Watcher: Providing artificial intelligence and big data analysis including clearing and confirmed fraud cases, as well as for sending card-blocking instructions to the back office.
- Fraud Case Management tool: for case handling, investigations, and call center for cardholder interactions.
S-Bank offers banking services to 3.1 million customers in Finland. By implementing the Fraud Management Suite, the bank can leverage the existing fraud protection expertise of Worldline and react to payments fraud in real-time.
Marketta Lundell, Head of Cards at S-Bank said, “During the implementation process, we found common working methods and are pleased with the current cooperation with Worldline. By implementing this Worldline FRAMS solution on top of our existing platform, we are benefiting from the expertise and software that was developed in-house by Worldline, which is also used by financial institutions across the entire continent.”
Michael Steinbach, Managing Director of Financial Services business at Worldline said, “The successful integration of the Fraud Management Suite at S-Bank, a major player in the Finnish market, underlines our increasing footprint in the Nordic region. With our solution, S-Bank can scale up without hesitation, at any given time. We’re proud to welcome them as one of our partners in Finland, and this partnership demonstrates an amazing possibility for growth.”
IBSi Daily News Analysis
March 01, 2024
Credit Card Fraud
Banking Sector and regulatory framework: addressing India’s growing demand for secure lockersRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage