Equifax’s Kount partners with Mastercard’s Ethoca for dispute management
By Pavithra R
Kount, an Equifax company, and a leader in digital identity trust and fraud prevention, has announced teaming up with Ethoca, a Mastercard Company, to provide a comprehensive offering that combines AI-driven fraud prevention with industry-leading transaction, fraud, and dispute data.
Ethoca Alerts and Consumer Clarity are being delivered as part of the Kount Dispute and Chargeback Management Solution, a comprehensive, post-authorization solution that integrates best-in-class fraud and customer dispute alert systems with in-depth transaction details and leading AI-driven fraud prevention. By integrating Ethoca Alerts and Consumer Clarity, and providing access to existing partnerships, Kount’s Dispute and Chargeback Management Solution will further deliver true end-to-end chargeback protection.
“Our mission is to take more fraud and chargebacks out of the system and help businesses focus on what they do best – serve their customers. In Kount we have a partner who shares this vision and we’re excited to introduce this new solution,” said Jason Howard, Executive Vice President, Ethoca.
Delivered on-demand through secure and trusted banking channels, this enhanced information from Ethoca, combined with the Kount Dispute and Chargeback Management Solution, helps merchants to:
- Connect directly with customers to resolve disputes,
- Provide a greater level of purchase information that helps to reduce ‘friendly fraud’ caused by transaction confusion.
- Increase brand presence in customers trusted digital banking applications by embedding logos, contact information and more
By leveraging Ethoca Alerts via the Dispute and Chargeback Management Solution, merchants can:
- Stop chargebacks by proactively resolving disputes and providing refunds.
- Reduce losses by stopping the fulfillment of orders and cancelling accounts, leveraging link analysis to eliminate related fraudulent orders, and bolstering fraud screening to identify future fraud.
- Escalate sales by improving fraud models and increasing transaction acceptance.
- Protect consumer experience and loyalty.
“We believe that the Kount integration and partnership with Ethoca for both Alerts and Consumer Clarity further elevates the chargeback management process for businesses. The ability to prevent chargebacks in near-real time, even post-authorization, helps businesses accept more orders while staying protected from fraud,” said Bradley Wiskirchen, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Kount, an Equifax Company.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
March 01, 2024
Banking Sector and regulatory framework: addressing India’s growing demand for secure lockersRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
March 01, 2024