eCash solution paysafecard rolls out in The Republic of Moldova
By Megha Bhattacharya
Paysafe’s eCash payment solutions provider paysafecard has launched in The Republic of Moldova in a bid to offer a way to enable users to pay with cash for online purchases, especially in the digital entertainment space. The company allows customers to shop for goods and services online using a 16-digit code for completing payment transactions.
Udo Müller, CEO of paysafecard, commented on the launch, “We’re excited to be launching in Moldova, a country where much of the population is underserved in terms of credit cards and a high number of transactions are made using cash. paysafecard will enable Moldovans to move their cash online and participate in the online marketplace, easily and securely.”
According to paysafecard, the launch will enable Moldovans to use cash to not only make online purchases but also make other entertainment purchases without the need for bank accounts or credit card information. The partnership with bpay.md has enabled the company to function at around 650 independent vending machines and offer five denominations (100, 200, 500, 1,000, and 1,500 Moldovan Leu; 1 euro equates to around 20 MDL).
This year, paysafecard announced that the FinTech is strengthening its presence in South America by launching in Paraguay. Paysafe’s digital payments service NETELLER has also launched a range of new features for enhancing the user experience for its business customers. The upgraded NETELLER Business Portal is expected to benefit the company’s merchant customers with enhanced transaction history reporting and the ability to access multiple wallets, operations and data, from a single place.
IBSi Prime News
December 08, 2021
Transferring money to the right place at the right time: Interview with Gil Akos, CEO of AstraRead More
- Daily insightful news analysis
- Weekly snapshot of the industry deals, events & insights
- Sectoral deep dives on the hottest FinTech trends
- Exclusive interviews featuring c-level executives shaping the industry
- Profiles of the most influential established and emerging companies in the sector
- Weekly global FinTech use cases
- Chart of the Week curated by the IBSi’s Research Team
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News