Drawbridge announces key promotions and appointment
By Edlyn Cardoza
Drawbridge, a premier provider of cybersecurity software and solutions to the alternative investment industry, recently announced significant senior appointments as it builds on the company’s record-breaking success in 2021. The promotions and new hire cover the business-critical areas of software development, client success and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and will enable Drawbridge to accelerate its ongoing investment in product innovation, customer service and employee development.
Cyber and information security is at the top of the list of planned investments for CIOs in the next year, with 66% of respondents in a recent survey reporting they expect to increase associated investments in 2022. Following a year that saw Drawbridge record triple-digit growth in revenue, clients and headcount, the company is committing new resources to support its burgeoning global client base, fast track product development and meet dynamic industry and market requirements for advanced cybersecurity products and services.
“2021 saw historic growth for Drawbridge, and that would not have been possible without our amazing clients and dedicated team. As cybersecurity again tops the list of priorities for business and technology leaders in 2022, this is not a time to become complacent,” said Jason Elmer, Founder and CEO, Drawbridge. “Drawbridge continues to invest in our team and our technology as we work to expand our product portfolio, introduce new offerings and extend the white-glove service our clients have come to expect from us. These new senior appointments reflect that commitment and will be integral to Drawbridge’s sustained growth in 2022.”
The appointments include:
- Bill Waters, Global Head of Software Development. Waters joins Drawbridge to drive the complete software development life cycle and launch new products that will add to the company’s technology stack. He brings 25 years of experience directing technology innovation and building high-performance software teams to his role at Drawbridge, including his position as Director of Development at Broadway Technology. He has held multiple senior technology roles throughout his career, including Director of Software at Sandvine and Co-founder and VP, Engineering at Simplicita Software, where he led the company through two sales, a spinoff from Sandvine and a rebrand to Xerocole prior to its acquisition by Akamai.
- Jacob Cane, Global Head of Strategy and Client Success. Previously Head of Strategy at Drawbridge, Cane will leverage his long history building world-class client service organizations as he expands his responsibilities at Drawbridge. Cane will focus on managing global client engagement, enhancing customer experience, and driving measurable success for Drawbridge’s global client base. Before his role at Drawbridge, Cane was Founder and Managing Director of Proactive Technologies, which served alternative investment clients and was acquired in 2019.
- Darrell Tucker, Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Formerly Head of Client Success at Drawbridge, Tucker will design, build, and lead the newly created Office of DEI to cement Drawbridge’s position as a destination of choice for top talent looking for long-term opportunities with an inclusive, nurturing employer. A passionate advocate for diversity hiring and development throughout his career, Tucker will partner with Drawbridge’s Human Resources team and hiring managers to ensure the company promotes an inclusive culture and attracts team members from the broadest possible talent pool.
Elmer continued, “Our incredibly talented team has been the cornerstone of Drawbridge’s success since our launch and is what enables us to deliver our market-defining software products and services and exceptional customer experiences. We are committed to recruiting, retaining, and developing diverse talent as we continue our rapid growth by creating an open environment that fosters collaboration, performance and shared success. Formalizing our Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will enable us to provide a workplace that offers flexibility, focused career paths and rewards the passion our Drawbridge employees continuously display for their work.”
2021 was a milestone year for the Drawbridge team. The company began the year by securing a growth equity investment from Long Ridge Equity Partners and has rolled out multiple new offerings. Drawbridge also invested in key industry talent throughout the year, appointing industry titan Edna Conway – a sought-after cybersecurity industry influencer and Security & Risk Officer for Microsoft Azure – to its Board of Directors. Drawbridge also named FinTech industry pioneer Scott DePetris President & Chief Operating Officer (COO) and a member of the Board of Directors and appointed Thomas Fallucco Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 01, 2023
UAE consumers turn to banks for advice on sustainable financeRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage