Corpay expands global presence with a new office in Chennai, India
By Gloria Mathias
Corpay, a FLEETCOR brand and global provider of business payments, has announced the latest expansion of Corpay’s cross-border business with the opening of a new back-office support centre in Chennai, India.
This move marks a milestone in the company’s ongoing global growth and strengthens its commitment to serving internal stakeholders. The newly established office in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, will function as a central service hub.
Phase one encompasses seven critical business functions:
- Financial Planning and Analytics: Facilitating revenue and financial analysis.
- Data and Business Intelligence: Facilitating preparation of reports and dashboards.
- Sales variable compensation: Streamlining payrolls across different regions and time zones.
- CRM: Developing, supporting, and administering CRM software.
- Credit Underwriting: Scaling global underwriting capabilities.
- Client Support: Digital client support and coverage.
- Strategy and M&A: Analyst support for strategic growth of Corpay and M&A activities.
“The establishment of our office in Chennai enables us to harness India’s flourishing economy and its status as the fastest-growing major economy in the coming years, along with its diverse array of opportunities,” said Aravind Thirunavukkarasu, Chief Data and Analytics Officer, Corpay’s Cross-Border Solutions and Managing Director of Corpay India. “As a successful FinTech and one of the fastest growing non-bank providers of cross-border payments solutions globally, the timing is right for us to expand support operations into India. The inclusion of the back-office in India strengthens our global footprint, which now spans North America, Europe, the UK, and the Asia-Pacific region, and enhances our operational efficiency allowing us to deliver exceptional service and experiences to our clients.”
“This expansion reaffirms our commitment to global excellence and our unwavering belief in the vast potential of the Indian and Asia-Pacific markets,” said Mark Frey, Group President, Corpay’s Cross-Border Solutions. “Our hope is that this new office will help our team gain an in-depth understanding of this and surrounding markets, while also opening up new avenues for us to attract talented professionals who aspire to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organization.”
IBSi Daily News Analysis
February 23, 2024
Regulated firms battle surge in financial crime attempts, research revealsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage