back Back

CBA announces agreement to merge Aussie with Lendi

By Edil Corneille

December 18, 2020

  • Australia
  • Cba
Share

CBA, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, payment technology, FinTech, CommBankCommonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has entered into an agreement to merge Aussie Home Loans (Aussie) with Lendi, an online home loan platform. The merger will bring together Aussie’s network, strong brand and deep experience in supporting customers with their property goals, with Lendi’s technology and platform.

The complementary capabilities of Aussie and Lendi are expected to support the growth of the existing businesses and to deliver a range of additional benefits over time for customers and brokers, including enhanced digital capabilities and improved operational efficiencies.

Upon completion, CBA will retain a 45 per cent shareholding in the combined business, with existing Lendi shareholders holding the remaining 55 per cent shareholding. CBA will also receive deferred consideration and a pre-completion dividend of $105 million in aggregate (subject to adjustments). The transaction is not expected to have a material financial impact on CBA’s capital position.

CBA Chief Executive Officer Matt Comyn elucidated, “We believe the combined business will have a stronger platform to offer enhanced digital capabilities for Aussie brokers and a superior experience for customers.”

Lendi Chief Executive Officer and co-founder David Hyman enunciated, “The role of digital technology in strengthening customer outcomes, compliance and operational agility is only growing in importance and by coming together with a robust and trusted business like Aussie, we will be able to drive even stronger outcomes for more homeowners and brokers alike.”

Completion of the transaction is subject to ACCC approval and other conditions. Completion is expected to occur by mid calendar year 2021.

Previous Article

December 18, 2020

Only one third of asset managers have completed their digital transformation projects, reveals Fenergo

Read More
Next Article

December 18, 2020

Co-operative Bank of Kenya partners with Thunes to rollout new global money transfer solution: Co-opRemit

Read More








IBSi Daily News Analysis

Complaints Fraud

May 22, 2024

Australia

UK SMEs lack fraud protection, facing significant financial risks, study shows

Read More

IBSi FinTech Journal

  • Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
  • Digital monthly issue
  • 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
  • Global coverage
Subscribe Now

Other Related News

May 22, 2024

4 Lending platforms facilitating easy access to funds in India

Read More

May 22, 2024

Lili launches Accountant AI to streamline finances for SMBs

Read More

May 22, 2024

Sabre Hospitality and Uplift partner to offer flexible hotel payments

Read More

Related Reports

Sales League Table Report 2023
Know More
Global Digital Banking Vendor & Landscape Report Q1 2024
Global Digital Banking Vendor & Landscape Report Q1 2024
Know More
Wealth Management & Private Banking Systems Report Q1 2024
Wealth Management & Private Banking Systems Report Q1 2024
Know More
IBSi Spectrum Report: Supply Chain Finance Platforms Q4 2023
Know More
Treasury & Capital Markets Systems Report Q1 2024
Know More

IBSi Sales League Table

The industry acknowledged barometer of global banking technology vendor performance!
Get your copy now!
close-link
Get your copy now! IBSi Sales League Table 2023