authID.ai closes $22.5m financing round
By Edlyn Cardoza
authID.ai, a leading provider of secure, mobile, biometric identity authentication, recently announced that it has closed on total financing of approximately $22,500,000 before fees, commissions and expenses. The financing round raised:
- Approximately $9,200,000 through the issuance of senior secured convertible promissory notes to certain accredited investors, most of whom have previously invested in authID.ai, including several members of the authID.ai Board and management team. The Notes are convertible into common shares of authID.ai at the option of the Buyers at any time, at a conversion price of $3.70
- approximately $3,000,000 through the sale of shares of common stock to a new investor for $3.03 per share as well as approximately $300,000 of shares of common stock sold to certain members of the authID.ai management team for $3.70 per share and
- $10,000,000 in borrowing capacity under an unsecured standby line of credit facility with an existing major investor.
With these additional finances in place, based on the budget recently approved by the Board of Directors, Management believes the Company will have positive cash flow on a current basis entering 2024.
“I am pleased that we completed this financing round of $22.5 million that will support our projected working capital needs through 2023,” said Tom Thimot, CEO of authID.ai. “I want to thank our new and existing investors for this financing, which represents a vote of confidence for our future, and provides us the resources to continue offering innovative technology that helps build a safer digital landscape for all,” concluded Thimot.
The Notes, the Other Shares, the common stock underlying the Notes and the other shares issued and issuable in connection with the financing round have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 or any state securities laws and, until so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States or any state absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
June 02, 2023
How wealth management firms can grow revenues in a declining marketRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage