Ant International set to deliver payment and digitalization technologies
By Gloria Mathias
Ant International has unveiled its strategy in digital payment and digital commerce for global merchants at its flagship Voyage Conference, from its headquarters in Singapore.
“Despite the uncertainties in the global economy, trends like evolving financial infrastructure, accelerating digitalisation, and swift advances on the tech frontier present unprecedented opportunities for merchants all around the world seeking to achieve new growth, especially for small businesses that aspire to overcome the digital divide,” said Yang Peng, President of Ant International.
“Travel, trade, technology, and talent are the cornerstones of global inclusion and prosperity,” added Yang. “We will accelerate innovations in digital payment and digital commerce to link up these areas of global collaboration.”
Ant International has established a robust global compliance and service structure over the years. Additionally, it boasts extensive coverage worldwide, especially in Asia, deep expertise in digitalization, and a continuously expanding repertoire of technologies.
The company will focus on 4 areas of innovation:
- Alipay+: The service builds on Alipay+’s extensive regional partnerships, including those with national QR schemes such as Singapore’s SGQR, Malaysia’s PayNet, South Korea’s ZeroPay, and Sri Lanka’s LankaPay.
- Antom Merchant Payment Services helps global merchants engage digitally with consumers in Asia and beyond.
- WorldFirst digital payment and financial services for cross-border trade SMEs are building on its success in China and Singapore. Clara Shi, CEO of WorldFirst, said that WorldFirst plans to expand its SME e-commerce digital finance solutions across Southeast Asia in 2023 and 2024.
- ANEXT Bank, a digital wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, focuses on enabling effortless and accessible financial services to SMEs.
Continued Investments in Digital Technology Solutions: Ant International began its journey by supporting the rapid rise of e-commerce and cross-border tourism in China. Over the years, Ant International has built up a repertoire of foundational technology capabilities to support long-term growth across its core business pillars.
IBSi Daily News Analysis
December 08, 2023
Most consumers seek safer, easier payment verification, research revealsRead More
IBSi FinTech Journal
- Most trusted FinTech journal since 1991
- Digital monthly issue
- 60+ pages of research, analysis, interviews, opinions, and rankings
- Global coverage
Other Related News
December 08, 2023